The 20 Most Interesting Argumentative Essay Topics On Religion
An argumentative essay (sometimes referred to as a persuasive essay) is a kind of text that presents the author’s opinion on a particular problem supported with examples and evidence from their life, history, literature, etc. In this essay, the author not only presents their point of view, but also defends and justifies it, providing different arguments for or against it.
Like most essays, an argumentative essay should start with a catchy introduction that states the problem, attracts the readers’ attention to the topic in question, and provides the thesis that will be proved or rejected over the course of the text. In the main body, the author should lay out their arguments concerning the analyzed issue, supplementing them with appropriate examples and facts. Finally, a conclusion should sum up all your findings and outline the result of the research.
This article provides you with 20 interesting argumentative essay topics on religion. It might be quite complicated to discuss and prove issues and notions of a philosophical or religious nature, but the list of topics suggested below should help you organize your thoughts and write an effective essay.
- Is atheism a problem of the 21st century?
- Should teen marriages be allowed by the church?
- Religion as a secondary school subject.
- Christian views about same-sex marriage.
- God — a well-elaborated myth or reality?
- Friendship and love: can they coexist?
- Why is the Bible the most popular book in the world?
- What makes people change their religion?
- Is religious affiliation important in the modern world?
- Praying and faith vs. conventional medicine: what helps more?
- The functions of priests in the church of the 21st century.
- The role of religious communities in modern cities.
- Should church be separated from the state?
- Polygamous marriages in Islamic tradition.
- Cloning: religious point of view.
- Should religious leaders be involved in politics?
- The problems of interfaith families.
- Religious tolerance in public schools.
- Abortion: a personal decision or a deadly sin?
- The purpose of religion in present-day life.
The notion of religion is very broad. It is both personal and global. It is related to various spheres of human life, and is interconnected with many subjects and academic disciplines. Religious topics can be studied from completely different perspectives and angles. The above-mentioned topics should help you find the theme that you are interested in, that is most related to your course.
Looking for help with essay or term paper? Hire an exert essay writer from Mycustomessay.com - professional essay writing service.
20 Interesting Argumentative Essay Topics On Religion
Are you having trouble deciding what to write your religion argumentative essay on? Here are 20 interesting topics for you to consider:
- Do you think that the world’s largest religions should take a greater stance on promoting global peace and religious tolerance?
- Do you believe the ruckus cause by the message in the popular song, “Losing My Religion,” by the USA alternative rock band was justified?
- Do you think statements, writings, art, etc. that could offend someone’s religion should fall under the protections of freedom of speech?
- Can nations work together with world religions to establish a coalition group to help the poorest companies receive aid?
- Can you make the argument that all religions are essentially good and that it’s the people in charge of policy within each that diminishes a religion?
- Do you believe that Atheists should receive the same legal tax exemption and levy break system that other religions receive in the U.S.?
- How can science that teaches evolution and religion that teaches creationism co-exist in public educational institutions?
- How old should someone be before they begin to practice a religion by their own volition?
- Which of the world’s religions is more accepting of scientific education and is this a good or bad thing?
- Should religion have a place in the decision made in medical emergency situations?
- How can religions that promote peace and kindness towards one another support any kind of violence in the name of God?
- Do you think it is religions’ responsibility to promote health in the community or is that an individual choice that should be left alone?
- Do you think that religious art of the past should be returned to the religious organization or do those pieces belong in a museum?
- Do you think that disfiguration or destruction of religious art should be considered and treated as a hate crime?
- Do you believe that marrying within one’s own religion is an important factor in determining the person should marry?
- Do you think religion should have a place in the media if it is a country’s official religion or should it keep away from promoting itself unless other belief systems get equal time?
- Do you believe that gay marriage should be accepted by religions that have traditionally preached against it?
- What side do you think religion should take on the issue of animal cruelty or animal testing?
- Do you think teen marriages in the western world should be supported and left up each individual religious organization?
- Do you think religion should have more of an opinion on prisons and capital punishment?